Kinesiology tape is an elastic cotton strip with an acrylic adhesive that is used for treating, managing and preventing musculoskeletal injuries. There are various brands of kinesiology tape and taping techniques available. These include Kinesio Tape, RockTape, K-Tape and PerformTex, SpiderTech and KT Tape. Specificity of application is important in supporting muscle, tendon and ligamentous tissue. Medical professionals such as chiropractors and physical therapists primarily administer kinesiology tape. Unlike standard athletic tape, kinesiology tape is extremely strong and flexible and can be used for several days rather than just during activity. It is also placed in a variety of patterns on muscles to improve blood flow and allow healing rather than compressing or immobilizing a joint. This technique is effective in supporting an injured area, reducing pain and swelling, controlling inflammation, improving postural strain and normalizing muscle tone.
The various brands of kinesiology tape are essentially the same and offer the same benefits. Medical professionals trained in taping techniques can help you determine which brand of tape may work best for you, your sport and your skin type and to achieve maximum therapeutic capability.
How does Kinesiology Tape work?
What is RockTape?
RockTape is a therapeutic tape that is also known as kinesiology tape. It is an exciting new tape that has been engineered to enhance athletic performance. It provides the same therapeutic benefits as regular kinesiology tape, but is “stretchier, stickier and more superior.” The unique properties of the tape combined with an innovative taping method called Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) provides a plethora of therapeutic benefits such as taping for recovery, pain, edema, athletic performance, muscle tone/activation and injury prevention.
More about RockTape
- A Tighter Weave allows it to provide superior support for working muscles, while still allowing a full range of movement.
- Greater Elasticity (190% vs 130%) creates enhanced “snap back,” for enhanced muscle activation.
- A Stronger Adhesive allows it to stay in place for the duration of even extreme events like Ironman triathlons, marathons, etc.
What are the results of using RockTape?
For athletes, delayed onset of fatigue, enhanced blood flow to working muscles, accelerated lactate removal and improved muscle activation. For individuals, reduced pain, postural strain, swelling, normalize muscle tone and prevents injury.
RockTape for Performance
Width of RockTape available
Pre-cut EDEMA RockTape available
For more information about purchasing RockTape, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
K-Taping is a non-pharmaceutical treatment that can assist in the healing of multiple clinical indications and offer pain relief. K-Tape can be applied to a wide range of conditions, including, muscle tension, joint instability, lymph edema and menstrual pain.
Different K-Taping application techniques offer different modes of action. This allows many therapeutic aims to be achieved. The most common:
- Improving muscle function: muscles can be supported (increase tension) or relieved (decrease tension) depending on how the tape is applied.
- Supporting the joints: improve proprioception and passive joint stability using the ligament technique.
- Pain reduction: by activating neurophysiologic pathways (e.g. gate control) significant pain relief is achieved for a variety of muscular-skeletal and internal disorders. Activation of the skin’s mechanoreceptors is a core element.
- Stimulating the lymphatic system: the K-Taping method enables improved lymphatic flow by relieving pressure in the affected tissues.
Areas of application
Neck & Back pain, tense muscles, arthritis, headache, sacroiliac joint pain, sciatica, disc prolapse, epicondylitis (tennis/golfer’s elbow), carpal tunnel syndrome, post-operative aftercare, scoliosis, impingement syndrome, shoulder subluxation, joint distorsion, spasticity, paralyses, polyneuropathy, dysmenorrhoea, lymphedema, migraine as well as menstrual ailments and further indications.
For more information about kinesiology tape or to purchase tape, please contact Dr. Janine McKay at email@example.com.
There are various colors available. Standard 2 inch rolls are $20 including tax.